If you’re a Christian, you likely spend about 5% of your life doing things that are often deemed “spiritual” like going to church, reading your Bible, praying, evangelism etc. So what do we make of the other 95%? Is that time just less important to God? When you go to the grocery store, parent your children, hang out with friends, take a shower and cut your toenails, are these moment somehow less “spiritual”, or are you less of a Jesus follower?
Also there’s this huge misconception that there are those called to do “ministry” or “spiritual jobs” and those that aren’t. Ministry really just means service, and we’re each uniquely designed by a creative God to serve the world in a special way that only we can.
Man On Mission is really just our way of encouraging men of God, by way of interviews and teachings, to unlock a deep understanding that God designed us as fully holistic, integrated, human beings who can have kingdom impact through the every day things of life.
In fact, did you know that the divide between clergy and laity, or to say it another way, the separation between pastors and everyone else, is actually man-made? Paul calls Jesus followers a “royal priesthood”. We are all designed to usher into our restored, redeemed world, the beautiful Kingdom of God. So whether you’re a trade worker, barista, CEO, entrepreneur, pastor, IT genius, full-time parent, or you work at a creative agency, you’re designed by God to have unique kingdom impact and can do so by being aware of a few key truths about being human. As you explore man on mission, these truths should become very evident.
Join us as we work together to become multi-generational teams, that are creating impact in the every day things of life.
Still not sure you have a special impact you can have? Start with the man on mission podcast in the menu at the top, and hear the stories for yourself. Stories from men in all walks and arenas of life, who are using unique and often everyday tasks to show Jesus to the world around them. We trust you’ll be encouraged. If you’re looking walk this journey with other man on the same path, click the button below to join the private Facebook group.